Sunday 9 May 2010

A good start to a holiday

With a week away in Tenerife planned, I decided that the best way to start my holiday would be to spend the day on the river. So with my new Kelly packed and with Clive driving we set off for Mildale.

This was my first day out fishing in the new season, not a perfect day at all the sun was shining but it was still very cold. After a couple of hours both Clive and I had each had a fish, but unfortunately they were both grayling. We fished all the usual spots but the trout were just not there at all. Time for a tea break!



With the Kelly christened we pressed on downstream and I was rewarded with my first brownie of the season, a beautiful fish perfectly formed and no bigger than my hand...success!

Obviously the water and weather meant that the grayling were still feeding and it wasn't long before both Clive and I were into some good fish.


Its ironic really, I've been waiting all winter to catch grayling, and now when we want some trout all we could catch was grayling.


A few more hours fishing and another cup of tea brewed in the Kelly and Clive and I decided to call it a day. It certainly had been hard fishing, but it was good to be out enjoying the river!

1 comment:

  1. The river fishing is always a great and adventurous experience to have with a pleasant and fine weather the taste and passion of fishing increases.

    The proper equipments of fishing like baits are necessary for a good and worthwhile fishing.

    The fish is so colorful and will also be quite delicious after cooked properly.

    ReplyDelete